Examples of such Personal Data/ Information you may provide to us includes (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name or other identification proofs, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
Collection of Personal Data/ Information
- In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide Personal Data/ Information that is necessary in order to provide those services to you through the following sources:
- Directly from you: We may collect personal information during your access or use of the Platform and through other online and offline interactions, such as when you sign up for marketing, make purchases, create an account, contact us for customer service or other assistance, and participate in promotions.
- Cookies and Other Technologies: When you access or use the Platform, we may collect data about your device, internet usage, cookies, tracking technologies such as web beacons, location, website activity, and other details of your use of the Properties. For further information on these practices, see section below “Cookies”
- Service Providers: We may collect personal information from service providers who are assisting us in the supply of our services/products and carrying out our business, and provide customer assistance.
- Other Third Parties and Publicly Available Information: We may collect personal information from other third parties that provide information to us, such as Business Partners, advertising networks, data brokers, government and other public sources, and social media platforms and networks.
1.1Aiwa India may collect your Personal Data/ Information in several different ways. Please take care when submitting information to us, in particular when completing free text fields or uploading documents and other materials. Some of our services are automated and we may not recognize that you have accidentally provided us with incorrect or sensitive information.
If you do not provide your Personal Data/ Information, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
- We will only collect information from you that is necessary for the specified, explicit and lawful purposes of rendering the services and will not further process it in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. We may collect the following types of information:
2.1 Whenever you interact with Aiwa India, you may or may be asked to provide us your Personal Data/Information. For example:
- when creating your accounts, signing up or subscribing for service updates, we may ask you to provide a range of information, such as your name, date of birth, contact details, interests and newsletter preferences;
- when you purchase, register, send for repair or return one of our products, we may record the call and/or ask you to provide information such as your contact details, delivery date and place of purchase and payment information;
- when you contact our customer service centers for assistance, we may keep information about the call, including your name, the product(s) you bought, the reason to why you contacted us and the advice we gave you;
- when you visit us at a public event, such as trade show or exhibition or participate in one of our surveys, competitions or prize draws, we may ask for information, such as your business card, name, contact details, interests and preferences;
- when you use our online services, we may receive content that you choose to upload, such as product reviews, comments, photos and forum posts, or details of your interests and preferences that you choose to tell us about for example, when you select the services that you wish to receive; and
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
- Other information: We may collect some of your other sensitive personal data or information as enumerated under Rule 3 of the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 only after obtaining your additional explicit consent. For example, your transactional SMS information stored on your Device may be collected to analyse your ability to repay; the phone numbers you add to your contacts application may be collected for risk control purposes; and your location information (IP address, longitude and latitude information) may be collected for anti-fraud purposes.
- We may also collect other types of information which are not directly or indirectly linked to an individual and which is aggregated, anonymized or de-identified. Such information is collected in order to improve the services we provide to you.
- Please note that all Personal Information is collected by us on an “as-is” basis and we shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Information provided by you.
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the purposes as listed below.
- You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
Purpose of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Generally, Aiwa India collects, uses, stores, processes and discloses your PersonalData for the following purposes:
- In relation to particular products and services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data/ Information. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data/ Information for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
- resolving complaints and responding and handling requests and enquiries;
- providing customer care, warranty, returns and other after sales services;
- for staff training and quality assurance purposes, particularly in relation to our customer relations staff at our call, email and other support centers;
- asking for your opinions on Aiwa India products and services and conducting product surveys;
- facilitating and processing your searches and requests for information when you contact us about Aiwa India and its products and services;
- conducting prize draws, contests and other promotional offers;
- managing the administrative and business operations of Aiwa India and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving any of the related corporations or affiliates of Aiwa India;
- matching any Personal Data stored which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- analyzing, investigating, handling, resolving any security matters or any vulnerability;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analyzing and managing commercial risks;
- providing media announcements and responses;
- monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- organizing promotional events;
- legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Aiwa India (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations); and
- Any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- Aiwa India will occasionally send email notices or contact you to communicate about our Services, products and benefits, as they are considered an essential part of the Services/products you have chosen.
Disclosing and Transferring Personal Data
Aiwa India will take appropriate and commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative measures to protect any Personal Data it possesses or controls from misuse or accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, acquisition or access in accordance with the applicable Laws. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- Aiwa India’s related corporations or affiliates and their employees to provide content, products and services to you or Aiwa India;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide services to Aiwa India;
- trade partners in relation to providing rewards and benefits, if any;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving any of Aiwa India’s related corporations or affiliates;
- our professional advisers such as auditors, financial advisers and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; or
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, address security or technical issues or respond to a government request;
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Platform or its users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- with third party service providers in order to personalize the Platform/services/products for a better user experience and to perform behavioral analysis;
- Any portion of the I=information containing personal data relating to minors provided by you shall be deemed to be given with the consent of the minor’s legal guardian. Such consent is deemed to be provided by your registration with us; and
- any other party to whom you specifically authorize us to disclose your Personal Data.
- You consent and agree to Aiwa India transferring your Personal Data outside of India for any of the purposes as listed above.
- In order to improve our services to you, we sometimes use automated tracking devices such as a “cookie”. A cookie is a small amount of data that our web server sends to your web browser when you visit certain parts of our website and the use of which is intended to assist our understanding of your interest in our website.
- We primarily use two kinds of cookies which are as follows:
- Session cookie: Session cookies remain only as long as a browsing session is active, and are intended to avoid user inconvenience during browsing. These cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session and expire at the end of the browsing session. Session cookies also assist the user in navigating the website, and allow the user to access secure parts of the webpage when logged in.
- Persistent cookie: Persistent cookies are stored on a user’s device even after termination of a browsing session. It helps in recalling the preferences or actions of the user. Persistent cookies are used for a variety of purposes such as retaining the visitor’s language and regional preference(s) at the end of each browsing session. We may use services of third-party analytics service provider to analyse cookies to carry out a behavioural analysis in order to enhance user experience and convenience, and also to provide targeted and relevant content to visitors.
- We may use the cookies to personalize the content, recommendations, advertisements and communications delivered to you so that they are more relevant to you and your interests. For example, you may see an advertisement for a product that you have recently viewed on our website. Please note that the cookies do not personally identify users although they do identify a user’s browser. You can always choose to disable cookies from being stored on your computer by changing your browser settings.
- “Cookies” enhance website performance in important ways like personalizing your experience, or making your visit more convenient.
- Your privacy and security will not be compromised when you accept a “cookie” from the Company’s Website. None of your personal information will be accessed by enabling Cookies. Please refer to Personal Information Policy for further details.
- We reserve the rights to collect, analyse and disseminate aggregate site usage patterns of all its visitors with a view to enhancing services to its visitors. This includes sharing the information with its subsidiaries and business associates as a general business practice.
Contact:+91 11 42404141